- 8 lemon wedges
- 24 mint leaves, plus 4 mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- 4 strawberries, plus 2 halved strawberries, for garnish
- Ice cubes, plus crushed ice
- 8 ounces gold or aged rum
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces prepared sugarcane syrup or agave nectar
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the lemon wedges with the whole strawberries and mint leaves. Add ice and the rum, lemon juice and sugarcane syrup; shake well. Strain into crushed ice–filled highball glasses. Garnish with the berry halves and mint sprigs.