Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HR
- SERVINGS: makes one 9-inch pie
When Nancy Silverton entertains, she often serves dishes that her guests can personalize. For her simple and homey ice cream pies, she offers different dessert sauces and toppings.
Plus: More Dessert Recipes and Tips
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pints strawberry ice cream
- Cinnamon-Black Pepper Strawberry Sauce
- 1 pint strawberry sorbet
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs with the butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Press into a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie plate to form an even crust. Bake in the center of the oven for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- Let the ice cream thaw in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Scoop the ice cream into a large bowl and, using an electric mixer, beat it just until very soft but not melted. Spread the softened ice cream in the pie shell. Freeze for at least 1 1/2 hours, or until the ice cream is firm.
- Cut the pie into wedges and serve with the Cinnamon-Black Pepper Strawberry Sauce and scoops of strawberry sorbet.