Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS
- SERVINGS: makes one 9-inch pie
When Nancy Silverton entertains, she often serves dishes that her guests can personalize. For her simple and homey ice cream pies, she offers different dessert sauces and toppings.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pints strawberry ice cream
- Cinnamon-Black Pepper Strawberry Sauce
- 1 pint strawberry sorbet
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs with the butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Press into a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie plate to form an even crust. Bake in the center of the oven for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- Let the ice cream thaw in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Scoop the ice cream into a large bowl and, using an electric mixer, beat it just until very soft but not melted. Spread the softened ice cream in the pie shell. Freeze for at least 1 1/2 hours, or until the ice cream is firm.
- Cut the pie into wedges and serve with the Cinnamon-Black Pepper Strawberry Sauce and scoops of strawberry sorbet.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.