© Lucy Schaeffer
Strawberry, Banana and Almond Butter Smoothie
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
Chef Nate Appleman lost lots of weight by running. After a morning workout, he often makes this smoothie, which gets a dose of protein from almond butter.
Great Healthy Snacks
- 1 frozen peeled banana, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup water
- Combine all of the ingredients except the salt in a blender and process until smooth. Season with salt and serve.
NotesOne serving 376 cal, 63 gm carb,13 gm fat, 1.6 gm sat fat, 8 gm protein, 6 gm fiber.