Strawberries with Buttermilk Ice and Balsamic Vinegar
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN plus 3 hr freezing
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 tiny tarragon sprigs
- In a bowl, whisk 1 1/2 tablespoons of the sugar with 1/2 tablespoon of the lemon juice until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the buttermilk and pour into a shallow baking dish; freeze until firm, whisking the mixture every 30 minutes, about 3 hours.
- In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Add the lemon zest and vinegar; let stand for 30 minutes. Spoon the berries and any juices into glasses. Using a fork, scrape the buttermilk ice into fluffy crystals and spoon over the strawberries. Garnish with the tarragon and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.