- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 tiny tarragon sprigs
- In a bowl, whisk 1 1/2 tablespoons of the sugar with 1/2 tablespoon of the lemon juice until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the buttermilk and pour into a shallow baking dish; freeze until firm, whisking the mixture every 30 minutes, about 3 hours.
- In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Add the lemon zest and vinegar; let stand for 30 minutes. Spoon the berries and any juices into glasses. Using a fork, scrape the buttermilk ice into fluffy crystals and spoon over the strawberries. Garnish with the tarragon and serve.
One Serving 97 cal, 20 gm carb, 1.5 gm fat, 0.8 gm sat fat, 3 gm protein, 2.2 gm fiber.