Strawberries in Champagne Jelly
- SERVINGS: 6
- 3 1/4 teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bottle dry Champagne
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- In a medium saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let soften until no dry spots are visible, about 5 minutes. Melt the gelatin over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon just until no lumps remain; do not overcook. Remove from the heat and stir in 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the sugar until thoroughly dissolved. Stir in the Champagne. Pour the gelatin into a shallow bowl or plastic container, cover and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To assemble, toss the strawberries with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar. Scramble the gelatin with a fork. Spoon a scant 3 tablespoons of gelatin into each of 6 wineglasses and top with a layer of berries; repeat two more times. Drizzle a little juice from the berries over the top and serve cold.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.