- SERVINGS: makes 1 drink
When Jackson Cannon was growing up in Virginia, he would suck the nectar out of the honeysuckle flowers that grew on the long fence across from his house. This sparkling, pear-scented cocktail reminds him of that time. Leftover spiced syrup can be stirred into tea or lemonade or poured over fresh fruit.
- 1 ounce pear brandy
- 3/4 ounce rosé vermouth
- 3/4 ounce Spiced Honey Syrup (See Note)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Dash of Peychaud’s bitters
- 1 ounce chilled cava or other dry sparkling wine
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the cava and shake well. Strain into a large chilled coupe and top with the cava.