- 3 1/2 ounces/100 grams lean pork, sliced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 11 ounces/300 grams Shanghai noodles
- 3 Napa cabbage leaves, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
How to make this recipe
Combine the pork, 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce,1/2 teaspoon sugar, the cornstarch (cornflour), and 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a bowl. Mix well and marinate for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, then add the noodles. Cook according to the package directions, until tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
Bring a saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the Napa cabbage and blanch for 2 minutes until tender. Drain.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or large skillet (frying pan) over medium heat, add the pork, and stir-fry for 2 minutes until cooked through. Put in the drained noodles and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the Napa cabbage, remaining 1/2 teaspoon sugar, remaining 11/2 tablespoons light soy sauce, and the dark soy sauce. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until well combined. Stir in the sesame oil, transfer to a serving plate, and serve.