© Stephanie Foley
Stir-Fried Noodles with Chanterelles
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way This rich and unusual noodle stir-fry is made with fresh duck eggs.
Easy Way Substitute regular chicken eggs.
More Fast Asian Noodle Recipes
- 8 ounces chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 9 ounces chanterelles, thickly sliced (2 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 scallion, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 3-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chile oil or Chinese chile sauce
- Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and shake off the excess water.
- Heat a wok until very hot. Add the canola oil and heat until shimmering. Add the chanterelles, season with salt and pepper and stir-fry over high heat until softened, 5 minutes. Add the eggs and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Immediately add the noodles, butter, scallion, soy sauce, oyster sauce and chile oil and stir-fry until the eggs are cooked but still slightly creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve.
Lighter-style red Burgundy.