© Maura McEvoy
Stir-Fried Green Beans in Tortilla Wraps
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 8
Lissa Doumani and her father, Carl Doumani, eat everything they can by hand. "Forks get in the way," Lissa says. Wrapping these crispy, sesame-spiked green beans in flour tortillas turns them into finger food.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 1/2 tablespoons miso
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 scallions, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted-sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Four 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed and cut into 4 wedges each
- In a medium bowl, combine the water with the sugar, sake, miso, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch and chile-garlic sauce.
- Heat a large, deep skillet for 2 minutes. Add the oil and heat until smoking. Add the green beans and scallions and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until just tender and browned in spots, about 6 minutes. Stir the sauce mixture, add it to the beans and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce is glossy and slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in the sesame oil. Transfer the beans to a platter and garnish with the sesame seeds. Serve with the tortilla wedges for wrapping.