- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger, plus 1 tablespoon finely julienned
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean top sirloin steak, sliced across the grain 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon bean paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 fresh red Thai or serrano chiles, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
How to make this recipe
- Soak all of the ginger in a small bowl of warm water for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Return the ginger to the bowl and toss with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add half of the meat in a single layer and cook over high heat until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a platter. Return the skillet to high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the remaining meat in a single layer and cook until browned, about 3 more minutes.Return all the meat to the skillet. Add the soy sauce, bean paste, sugar, chiles and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the cilantro, transfer to a bowl and serve.
Steamed jasmine rice.