- 150ml chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 7 ounces or 200g white crab meat, Spanner crab if available, picked over for cartilage and shells
- 3 1/2 ounces or 100g bean sprouts
- 1 3/4 ounces or 50g Snowpea sprouts
- 15 Chinese yellow chives, washed and halved
- 2/3 cup or 150ml peanut or vegetable oil
- To make the broth, combine all the ingredients except the sesame oil in a pot. Bring the broth to a boil, pour in the sesame oil and keep warm.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. In a small bowl dissolve the palm sugar in the fish sauce. Whisk the sugar mixture into the eggs.
- In another bowl, combine the crab with the bean sprouts, snow pea sprouts and chives and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a wok until it is smoking. Pour in the egg mixture, which should puff up. Cook for 3 minutes, then place the crab mixture in the middle. Cook for another 3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Pour off the excess oil. Fold the omelette, and place it back in the wok for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and rest it near a heat source for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove the omelette from the wok with a fish lifter and place on a board. Trim off the ends and place in a large bowl. Pour over the hot broth and top with oyster sauce.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.