- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 6 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then stir in the onions. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the onions are soft.
Add the carrots and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and celery, and continue cooking until the celery and carrots are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the lemon juice and thyme. Remove from heat and toss with the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.