© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Stir Fried Bok Choy with Peanut Sauce
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 2 to 4
Tender, nutrient-rich baby bok choy pairs perfectly with creamy peanut sauce in this quick side dish.
Slideshow: Great Stir-Fry Dishes
- 1 pound baby bok choy
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or canola oil (or other high flashpoint oil)
- 2 tablespoons sliced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Trim the ends of the bok choy. Wash, pat dry with paper towels, and then set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil, and then stir in the shallots and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute, or until soft.
- Stir in the peanut butter, water, fish sauce, rice vinegar and brown sugar. Stir sauce until well combined and simmer on low heat for about 30 seconds, or until the sauce thickens.
- Increase heat to medium-high heat, and then stir in the bok choy. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the bok choy is tender and just wilted.
- Garnish with the roasted peanuts and serve warm.