- 1 quart heavy cream
- 10 ounces store-bought sticky toffee pudding (see Note)
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Cognac
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make this recipe
- In a container with a tight-fitting lid, pour the cream over the sticky toffee pudding. Cover and refrigerate for 2 days.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar. Stir in the Cognac and rum.
- Strain the infused cream through a fine sieve, pressing on the solids. In a medium bowl, whip 3 cups of the infused cream until stiff. Fold in the egg-yolk mixture. In a large bowl, using clean beaters, beat the egg whites with the salt on high speed to stiff peaks. Fold the beaten egg whites into the whipped cream. Refrigerate the eggnog until chilled, about 2 hours.
Sticky toffee pudding is available at Whole Foods and specialty-food shops.