© Line Klein
Sticky Miso Chicken Wings
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6
Combining miso with lime, ginger, fish sauce and sugar creates a terrific sweet-sour glaze for crispy baked chicken wings.
Slideshow: More Tasty Chicken Wing Recipes
- 12 chicken wings, tips discarded and wings split
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup shiro miso (light yellow)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 Thai bird chile, minced
- 3 tablespoons turbinado or light brown sugar
- Cilantro leaves and lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss the wings with the oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Transfer to a rack set over a baking sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes, turning the wings halfway through, until they are golden, crispy and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine all of the remaining ingredients except the cilantro and lime. Add 3 tablespoons of water and cook over moderately low heat, whisking frequently, until the sugar is dissolved and the glaze is smooth and slightly thickened.
- Brush the glaze all over the wings and bake for about 10 minutes longer, until the wings are golden brown and sticky. Transfer the wings to a platter, garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Juicy, cherry-scented Pinot Noir.