- 1 cup dried flageolets or dried baby lima beans (about 6 ounces), picked over and rinsed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium tomatopeeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 small Idaho potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 -inch dice
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Soak the flageolets in 4 cups of water for 24 hours. Discard any beans that float; drain the beans.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in the oil over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato and cook just until it starts to break down, about 3 minutes. Add the Chicken Stock and beans and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to moderately low, cover partially and cook until the beans are tender and the liquid is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 hours; add water if the beans are dry. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Add the potato and thyme and cook until the potato is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in the butter and season with salt and white pepper.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.