- 1/4 pound raw medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) soft tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion (including top) chopped
How to make this recipe
- Chop the shrimp in a food processor. Add the remaining mousse ingredients and process until the shrimp are finely chopped. Remove the shrimp mousse to a bowl and mix rapidly to incorporate air into the mixture.
- Cut the block of tofu in half horizontally; cut each piece in half lengthwise, then crosswise, to make 8 equal pieces. Lay the tofu pieces side by side in a 9-inch glass pie pan or other heatproof dish. Evenly spread shrimp mousse over each piece.
- Place a steaming rack in a wok, add water to just below the level of the rack, and bring to a boil. Place the dish on the rack; cover and steam until the shrimp mousse turns pink, about 6 minutes. Remove the dish from the wok; carefully pour off the cooking juices. Drizzle soy sauce and sesame oil over the tofu; sprinkle with green onion and serve.