Steamed Snapper with Mustard Greens
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded daikon
- 1/2 cup ponzu sauce (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
- 1/2 small head napa cabbage, thinly sliced crosswise (4 cups)
- 4 ounces mustard greens—stems discarded, leaves coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- Four 4-ounce red snapper fillets
- In a small bowl, toss the shredded daikon with the ponzu sauce.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the shiitake and cook over high heat until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Add the cabbage and greens and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce, mirin and water. Arrange the fish over the greens and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over moderate heat until the snapper flakes with a fork, about 8 minutes. Transfer to plates and serve with the daikon and ponzu sauce.
Fresh, unoaked Chardonnay from Oregon.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.