- 2 limes, sliced paper thin, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 pound medium asparagus, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup water
How to make this recipe
- Line a large steamer basket with the lime slices. Add the chicken breasts in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Steam the chicken until white throughout, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the balsamic vinegar and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the asparagus and water and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the asparagus to plates. Spoon the sauce over the top. Thickly slice the chicken breasts crosswise, arrange on the asparagus and serve.
Marry these tart and sweet flavors with a crisp, fruity Sémillon-Sauvignon Blanc blend from Australia or a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand.