Steamed Leeks with Mustard-Shallot Vinaigrette
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Good News Leeks are low in calories and rich in phytochemicals. They're also among the sweetest members of the onion family, making them a perfect match for this tangy mustard vinaigrette.
- 2 large leeks, cut into 2-by-1/2-inch strips
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a saucepan fitted with a steamer basket, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the leeks, cover and steam until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the leeks, pat dry and refrigerate until chilled, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the shallot with the mustard and the red wine and balsamic vinegars. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Mound the steamed leeks on plates. Drizzle them with the vinaigrette, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.