- 2 large leeks, cut into 2-by-1/2-inch strips
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
How to make this recipe
In a saucepan fitted with a steamer basket, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the leeks, cover and steam until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the leeks, pat dry and refrigerate until chilled, 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the shallot with the mustard and the red wine and balsamic vinegars. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
Mound the steamed leeks on plates. Drizzle them with the vinaigrette, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
The steamed leeks and the mustard-shallot vinaigrette can be refrigerated separately overnight.
One Serving 169 cal, 14 gm fat, 2 gm sat fat, 10 gm carb, 0.8 gm fiber.