- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- In a small bowl, combine the butter with the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, set a steamer basket over 1 inch of water and bring to a boil. Add the beans and steam until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Pat the beans dry with a towel and transfer to a bowl. Top with the butter and serve.
Make Ahead The recipe can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated for up to 1 week.