- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek (chile paste) or Chinese chile-garlic sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- In a small bowl, combine the butter with the sambal oelek and season with salt and pepper.
- Set a steamer basket in a saucepan filled with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil. Add the beans, cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer the beans to a kitchen towel and pat dry. Place the beans in a bowl and top with the butter.
Make AheadThe recipe can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated for up to 1 week.