- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Meyer lemon juice or regular lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large cooked Dungeness crabs, halved
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the mustard. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly, until a thick mayonnaise forms. Whisk in the minced garlic and lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper. Serve the steamed crab with the lemon aioli.
The Meyer lemon aioli can be made up to 1 day ahead and stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
Fresh Dungeness crab has a delicate sweetness that's delicious with citrusy flavorswhether it's a lemon aioli or a Sauvignon Blanc.