- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes (1 pound total)peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 12 ears of corn, shucked
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the tomatoes and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, pulse the tomatoes, butter, pepper, and salt until blended. Scrape into a bowl; stir in the basil.
- In a large pot, steam the corn until just tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a platter and serve with the butter.
Make AheadThe tomato-basil butter can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 2 days.