- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (about 2 ounces) Chinese sausage
- 8 dried black mushrooms, soaked, stemmed, and sliced
- 1 ounce enoki mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 tablespoons regular soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- Cut chicken into 12 (3 inch x 6 inch) thin slices. Combine chicken and marinade ingredients in a bowl; stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. Diagonally cut Chinese sausage into thin slices; cut each slice into matchstick pieces; set aside.
- Place a few pieces of Chinese sausage, black and enoki mushrooms, and carrot, on the short edge of each chicken slice. Roll the chicken around the filling and secure with a toothpick. Place the chicken pillows on a heatproof dish.
- Place a steaming rack in a wok, add water to just below the level of the rack, and bring to a boil. Place the dish on the rack; cover and steam until the chicken is done, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the dish from the wok; carefully pour off the cooking juices.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Add cornstarch solution; cook until sauce thickens. Pour sauce over chicken rolls. Serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.