- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, cut into 2-inch florets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano for garnish
- Set a steamer basket in a large saucepan. Add the broccoli and steam over high heat until bright green and just tender, about 4 minutes.
- In a large skillet, combine the olive oil with the garlic, crushed red pepper and lemon zest and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the broccoli, season with salt and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Transfer to a bowl, garnish with cheese shavings and serve.