Steamed Broccoli with Ginger and Sesame Seeds
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 head of broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), florets cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Set a steamer basket into a large saucepan filled with 1 inch of water. Add the broccoli, cover and steam over high heat until bright green and just tender, about 4 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil with the garlic, ginger and sesame oil and cook over moderate heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the broccoli, season with salt and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.