- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, cut into 2-inch florets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 oil-packed anchovies, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Set a steamer basket in a large saucepan. Add the broccoli and steam over high heat until bright green and just tender, about 4 minutes.
- In a large skillet, combine the olive oil with the garlic, anchovies and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the broccoli, season with salt and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Transfer to a bowl and serve.