Steamed Asparagus with Shaved Pecorino
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 pound thick asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Thinly shaved pecorino cheese
- Put the asparagus in a steamer basket and steam over high heat until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a plate.
- Wipe out the pot. Add the olive oil and when it is hot, add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the asparagus to a plate, top with the pecorino and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.