- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound thick asparagus, trimmed
In a medium bowl, whisk the shallot with the mustard and vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Put the asparagus in a steamer basket and steam over high heat until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the asparagus to the bowl, toss with the dressing and serve.