Steamed Artichokes with Red Wine Aioli
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 4 garlic cloves, 3 halved, 1 minced
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large artichokes, stems trimmed
- In a medium saucepan, boil the wine and halved garlic cloves until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and mash the garlic with a fork. Let cool to room temperature. Stir in the mayonnaise, yogurt, minced garlic, cumin and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, put the artichokes in a steamer basket, cover and steam over moderate heat until the bottoms are tender, about 40 minutes. Let cool. Transfer the artichokes to a platter and serve with the red wine aioli.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.