Steak with Lemon Butter
- SERVINGS: 4
Serve any leftover parsley-flecked butter with roasted chicken or baked potatoes.
- 6 anchovy fillets, minced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- Four 1-inch-thick steaks (about 11 ounces each for bone-in steaks, 8 ounces for boneless)
- In a bowl, combine the anchovies, butter, shallot, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Wrap the butter in a piece of plastic wrap, shape into a 1-inch-thick log and freeze until firm.
- Preheat the broiler. Arrange the steaks on a broiler pan, season with salt and pepper and broil for about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium- rare. Transfer the steaks to plates, top each one with a 1/4-inch pat of the butter and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.