- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 1/2 ounces citrus vodka
- 1 ounce Star Anise Syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau or other triple sec
- 1 star anise pod
How to make this recipe
Make the Cocktail
Combine the sugar and the cardamom.
Moisten the outer <a href="/articles/cocktail-basics-techniques#rimmingaglass">rim</a> of a martini glass with the lemon wedge and coat lightly with the cardamom sugar. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, Star Anise Syrup, lemon juice and Cointreau. Shake well and strain into the prepared martini glass. Garnish with the star anise pod.