Standing Rib Roast of Beef
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS
- SERVINGS: 8
The slow-cooking method here yields an incredibly juicy, succulent rib roast.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- One 8-pound standing rib roast of beef, chine bone removed
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons very coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- Preheat the oven to 550°. In a small bowl, combine the salt with the black pepper, Worcestershire, paprika and garlic powder. Rub the mixture all over the roast, especially into the top layer of fat. Set the roast on a rack in a roasting pan, fat side up, and transfer to the center of the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the roast registers 110°. Transfer the roast to a carving board, cover loosely with foil and let stand for 30 minutes, or until the thermometer registers 120° for medium rare. Carve the roast and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.