- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter a 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, almonds, granulated sugar, cocoa and baking powder. Mix in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk. Gather up the dough and pat it into a smooth ball. Cut off one third of the dough and set it aside.
- On a lightly floured sheet of wax paper, and using a floured rolling pin, evenly roll the larger piece of dough into a 12-inch round. Invert the dough into the prepared pan and peel off the paper. Fit the dough into the pan without stretching and trim the edges flush with the pan rim. Spread the jam over the dough in an even layer.
Pair with a Ruby Porto, such as Fonseca Bin 27 or Warre's Warrior.