© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Sriracha-Garlic Tofu with Mint
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2 to 4
Amp up pan seared tofu with spicy Sriracha sauce and cooling herbs for a great dish that takes minimal effort.
Slideshow: Tasty Tofu Recipes
- One 14 ounce (396g) package firm tofu, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil (or other high flashpoint oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges to garnish
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels to remove excess water. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the oil and after the oil is hot, carefully add the tofu into a single layer (hot oil may splatter). Turning gently and as little as necessary, sear each side for 2-3 minutes, or until at least 2 -3 sides are golden and crisped.
- Lower the heat to medium and carefully add the garlic, soy sauce, water, and Sriracha to the pan. Cook for 30 seconds or until the sauce is heated through.
- Toss with the mint and cilantro then serve with lime squeezed over to taste.