- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound squid, cleaned, bodies cut into 1/3-inch rings and tentacles left whole
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery leaves and tender stalks
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 mint sprigs, stems removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
- Crusty bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a very large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season the squid with salt and pepper. Add the squid to the skillet and cook over high heat, tossing once, until just cooked, 2 minutes; transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet. Add the cherry tomatoes, carrot, shallots and crushed red pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the celery, wine and half of the mint; cook until almost dry, 1 minute. Add the tomato puree and bring to a simmer. Add the squid, season with salt and pepper and simmer just until heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the remaining mint. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and crusty bread.