- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large vine-ripe tomato, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups chilled sprouted mung or other beans
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
How to make this recipe
- Rinse the mung beans under cold running water, drain well. In a large bowl, toss the mung beans with all of the remaining ingredients.
The chaat can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours.
Pappadams or pita chips.