Sprouted Mung Bean Chaat
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
When Indians hear the word for this spicy, crunchy, sweet and sour snack, their mouths begin to water. Whether served on a banana leaf on the streets of India or on porcelain plates at Suvir Saran's restaurants, Dévi and Véda, chaat is a fabulous treat.
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large vine-ripe tomato, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups chilled sprouted mung or other beans
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Rinse the mung beans under cold running water, drain well. In a large bowl, toss the mung beans with all of the remaining ingredients.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.