- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 6 DOZEN
- 2 sticks ( 1/2 pound) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and almond extracts and beat until blended. Stir in the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until incorporated.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Press the dough through a cookie press into 2-inch-long S shapes onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake in the upper and middle third of the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden on the bottom and lightly browned around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely. If the cookies stick to the baking sheet, return them to the oven to soften for 1 minute.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.