- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup mixed spring peas (sweet, diced sugar snaps and/or snow peas)
- 6 radishes, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice (see Note)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
How to make this recipe
In a nonstick wok or large skillet, heat the oil. Add the shallots and leeks and stir-fry over high heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the peas and radishes and cook until the vegetables are vibrantly colored, about 2 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the rice, and stir-fry until heated through and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
Push the fried rice to the sides of the pan to create a well. Pour the eggs into the well and cook, stirring gently, until nearly set. Toss the fried rice with the eggs. Stir in the soy sauce and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the fried rice to bowls and serve immediately.
In a pot of boiling salted water, cook 1 1/2 cups raw long-grain rice until al dente. Drain and use right away or refrigerate.