Spring Salad with Baby Carrots
- SERVINGS: 4
This beautiful salad combines baby carrots with greens and radish rounds. Don't use the carrots that come peeled in plastic bags; they have no flavor.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 baby carrots, peeled
- 8 cups salad greens, such as arugula, dandelion, red oak leaf lettuce and frisée, torn into bite-size pieces
- 12 chives, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 4 large radishes, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, shallot and salt. In a small saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the carrots for 2 minutes. Refresh the carrots in cold water and pat dry. Transfer the carrots to a small bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette. Add the salad greens, chives and radishes to the large bowl and toss with the remaining vinaigrette. Garnish with the carrots and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.