- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups fresh baby peas or thawed frozen baby green peas
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup loosely packed mint, torn
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar. Add the peas, red onion and mint and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Vinegary dishes and wine can be a terrible combination. But the sharp chopped red onion Mark Ladner tosses with these tangy peas makes the recipe delicious with a lightly tannic red. Dan Amatuzzi likes a red wine from Lazio.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.