- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1 cup ditali or other small pasta
- 10 pencil-thin asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 pound sugar snap peas, halved crosswise
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Swiss chard leaves
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound thawed frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the leek and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Stir in the pasta and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the asparagus, diced fennel, sugar snap peas, Swiss chard and cannellini beans and simmer until the pasta is tender, about 5 minutes longer. Add the peas and mint, season the soup with salt and pepper and simmer for 1 minute longer. Ladle the soup into bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.