- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1 cup ditali or other small pasta
- 10 pencil-thin asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 pound sugar snap peas, halved crosswise
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Swiss chard leaves
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound thawed frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to make this recipe
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the leek and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Stir in the pasta and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the asparagus, diced fennel, sugar snap peas, Swiss chard and cannellini beans and simmer until the pasta is tender, about 5 minutes longer. Add the peas and mint, season the soup with salt and pepper and simmer for 1 minute longer. Ladle the soup into bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
One Serving Calories 376 kcal, Total Fat 14.0 gm, Saturated Fat 3.7 gm, Protein 20 gm, Carbohydrates 50 gm.