- 1 pound medium asparagus
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 ounces mixed spring lettuces
- One 1 1/2-ounce piece of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved into curls with a vegetable peeler
- Preheat the oven to 450°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon of the oil and the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Roast the asparagus for about 8 minutes, until just tender and the tips begin to turn brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the mustard and the remaining 1/3 cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuces with all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Arrange the salad on plates and top with the roasted asparagus and cheese curls. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the asparagus and serve.
Few wines pair well with asparagus, but Sauvignon Blanc is an exceptionthe variety's grassy, herbal notes complement asparagus's strong flavor (asparagus tends to make reds taste very bitter) and make a great partner for this springtime salad.