Spring Ham Steaks with Sweet Pea-Leek Pan Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Ham steaks make a quick and easy dinner; dressing them with a simple sauce of peas, leek and tarragon finishes them perfectly.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Four 1/4-inch-thick slices of ham (1 pound)
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- One 10-ounce bag frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the ham steaks and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until golden brown, 5 minutes. Transfer the ham to plates. Add the leek and 1 1/2 cups of water to the skillet and cook, stirring, until the leek is softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the peas, tarragon and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the leek-pea sauce over the ham and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.