- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: Makes about 2 cups
This wonderful sauce combines simmered sweet fennel with cream and a little milk to lighten it. To lighten the dish even more, replace half of the cream with milk.
More Amazing Vegetarian Dishes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large heads of garlic, cloves peeled
- 1 small fennel bulb—trimmed, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream, garlic and fennel to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Uncover and simmer until the garlic and fennel are very tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly, then transfer to a blender. Add the milk and puree until smooth. Season the puree with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Serve WithGrilled chicken, grilled fish or grilled bread.