- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup baby spinach (1 ounce)
- 3 drained oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Salted toasted sunflower seeds and small mint leaves, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the beans until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Using tongs, transfer to an ice bath to cool; pat dry. Place the beans in a bowl. Blanch the parsley in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and cool in the ice bath. Squeeze out all of the water.
- In a blender, pulse the parsley with the spinach, anchovies, cheese and mustard. With the machine on, drizzle in 2 tablespoons of water and both oils and blend until combined. Season with salt.
- Add 3/4 cup of the dressing to the beans, season with salt and toss to coat. Garnish with sunflower seeds and mint; serve the remaining dressing on the side.
The blanched green beans and dressing can be refrigerated separately overnight.
Lush California Chardonnay.