- 1 cup dried porcini (1/2 ounce)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 4 1/2 pounds spinach, large stems discarded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Soak the porcini in the boiling water until softened, about 20 minutes. Drain the porcini, reserving the liquid separately. Rinse the mushrooms to remove any grit, then coarsely chop them.
- Melt the butter in a large deep skillet. Add the porcini and garlic and cook over moderate heat until the garlic is golden, about 3 minutes. Add the rosemary and cook for 1 minute. Pour in half of the porcini soaking liquid and simmer until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach, 1 large handful at a time, tossing and letting it wilt slightly before adding more. Cook the spinach over moderate heat, stirring, until tender but still bright green, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.